Some quick notes that may be useful about autoexec.cfg and binding techniques:
unbindall Resets all binds, useful to detect uncomplete binding
seta com_hunkMegs 256 Allocate Max RAM to Tremulous
seta com_maxfps 77 Set Max FPS to 77 (Reduces latency)
It’s really simple and works for any resolution. Paste this in your autoexec.cfg:
Remove ban from a server
How to get unbanned when getting kicked & banned
- Delete qkey files in applicationdata/tremulous section of c: drive. NOTE: This will remove your admin rights in any server.
- Did it work? No? Then renew your IP address. If you’ve got a router and access to it, check that nobody is using it and turn it off, wait 2 minutes and turn it on. If this is not feasible or it hasn’t worked, try this:
- Go to Start menu and click on Run command
- Then type in
- Wait for command prompt window to appear then type these command’s:
- That process should give you a new IP address and so, get unbanned (your IP won’t match the ban list).
- Remember to change your name if you don’t want admins to get angry and play nice!
This is useful to see your ping and latency. To see anyone else’s ping and latency just spec them.
Nick and in-game colors
I recommend to paste this into your autoexec.cfg so you don’t need to remember them or Google it every time:
// 0-Black 1-Red 2-Green 3-Yellow 4-Blue 5-Cyan 6-Pink 7-White
Donating money/credits/evos to other players
/share playername 1000
Advanced autoexec tweaking
Have a look at Quake FPS visuals to read an advanced and complete guide on how to tweak Tremulous (Quake engine) to get the best of its performance and gameplay. Note that the guide is intended for Quake so some stuff may not work with Trem. Also, if you are going to supercustomize your autoexec (to make it work smoothly and playable in the Asus Eee PC like I did) always test commands one by one and check if that suits or not.
I should state that I am one of those big admins in some Tremulous Servers. After testing nearly all of the aimbots out there for server admin purposes, I must say that learning to use such a tool without being caught by an admin is pretty much more painful and hard than learning to play without it. You may have some advantage but fearing being caught and without any challenge avoids an enjoyable gameplay. Impulsive aimbotters get banned at first sight.
Quick and last notes
Backup your autoexec! Save it in a USB or attach it into an email and send it back to you. It may not seem so important, but when you get a cool and pretty personal autoexec, you will have your mouse sensitivity, name, binds, performance config… everything there. So if you ever need to reinstall Tremulous, a simple copy-paste of the file will save you a lot of time.
Other good files to backup are your maps and QKEY which will avoid to download everything again and to request admin levels and name unblockings. In fact, a backup of all the Tremulous folder may be worth it.
TrendLiker.com lists hundreds of nice items and lets you know when they go on sale on Amazon.Looking for cool gift ideas?