These are screenshots of the same website loaded in different screen sizes, as you can see, the fold is always in the same place, displaying the same content for each user and having full control on what you want to show to them. Always keeping what matters above the fold.
- Cross-browser – Works in Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE (including IE6)
- Instant loading – No need to wait for the page to be loaded completely
- Small size – Less than 0.2KB
Include the script file and call the function by passing the parameters:
foldresizer(‘containerID’, freeheight, minheight);
- ID of the container to be resized
- How many pixels height to leave free
- Minimum size of the resized container (default 0)
See the plugin working live at the SFP Group website. Resize your browser window and reload the page to see how it always keeps the fold fixed.
Download the script by right clicking on the links and clicking ‘Save as’: